In this article of history pedia we will discuss about the sanatan religion(Hindu religion) that is oldest religion in this world as proven scientifically, geographically and research. So lets introduce you this knowledge.
INTRODUCTION TO SANATAN RELIGION
- Sanatana means that which is eternal, forever true. Things that have eternal importance are said to be eternal. Just like truth is eternal. God is the truth, the soul is the truth, salvation is the truth, and the religion that guides the path of this truth is also the eternal religion. The truth which has been going on since time immemorial and which will never end is the eternal or eternal one. Those who have neither beginning nor end, that truth is called Sanatan.
- Vedic or Hinduism is called Sanatana Dharma, because it is the only religion which gives the way to know God, soul and salvation with essence and meditation. The concept of salvation is the product of this religion. There is a salvation path to the practice and awakening of Yama-niyam, including solitude, meditation, silence and penance. There is no other path to salvation. Moksha itself enlightens and knowledge of God. This is the truth of Sanatan Dharma.
- Those who do not believe in that supreme element, the Supreme God, fall into untruth. From untruth, they fall into eternal darkness in death. The saga of his life proves to be a tale of confusion and disorientation. They never attain immortality. Before death comes, it is only good to come on the true path of Sanatan Dharma. Otherwise, after wandering in infinite vagaries, one has to remain in the darkness of the Holocaust.
- Truth(Satya) is made up of two metals, satt and tat. This means Sat and Tat means that. Both are true. This entire world is cosmic. Brahma is complete. This world is also complete. entire world has its origin from entire Brahma. There is no inferiority in the perfection of Brahma even when the whole world is created from the complete earth. He remains complete even in the remaining form. This is the eternal truth.
- The basic elements of Sanatana Dharma are truth, non-violence, mercy, forgiveness, charity, chanting, penance, yama-niyam, etc. which have eternal importance. These principles were propounded in the Vedas before the rise of other major religions.
- Those who do not believe in that supreme element, the Supreme God, fall into untruth. From untruth, they fall into eternal darkness in death. The saga of his life proves to be a tale of confusion and disorientation. They never attain immortality. Before death comes, it is only good to come on the true path of Sanatan religion . Otherwise, after wandering in infinite vagaries, one has to remain in the darkness of the Holocaust.
ACCORDING TO SANATAN RELIGION THE ROOT IS VISIBLE FROM FIVE ELEMENTS
- Sky, Air, Water, Fire and Earth. All these fall under the category of eternal truth. They change their form but do not end. Life also has its stages: Childhood, Youth, Old age and Death. In the same way the states of the soul are: awakening, dreaming, dormancy and turya. Knowledgeable people call Brahman as Nirguna and Saguna. All the above distinctions remain until the soul attains salvation.
- The salvation of the soul is to become completely absorbed in Brahm, which is why it is said that Brahm is true, and the world is the true truth. And only one who knows or believes this eternal truth is called Sanatani(Sanatan religion believer).
FROM WHERE THE WORD HINDU CAME
- The words ‘Hindu’ and ‘Arya’ are found in the Avesta, the religion book of the Parsis of Iranian country.
- On the other hand other historians believe that the word Hindu originated from indu during the time of the Chinese traveler Huanseang. The word Indu is synonymous with Moon. The basis of Indian astrological calculations is the lunar month. Therefore, the people of China started calling Indians ‘Intu’ or ‘Hindu’.
- Some scholars say that the word Hindu originated from the Himalayas. The Hindu Kush Mountains are an example of this.
- Some says that when Britishers came to India they starts call Sanatans Hindu because of Sindhu river.
ARYA’S IN SANATAN RELIGION
- People of Arya Samaj call it Arya Dharma, whereas Arya is considered to be only superior in its meaning rather than the name of any caste or religion. That is, the one who is superior to mind, speech and action is Arya. The four Arya truths of Buddhism mean the four superior truths. Buddha says that knowing the above superior and eternal truth, it is to follow the spiritual path is Sanatana Dharma.
- Thus Arya Dharma means the religion of the superior society. Ancient India was also known as Aryavarta, which meant the land of residence of superior people.
PATH OF SALVATION
- Moksha(Slvation) is the ultimate goal in religion, meaning, work, salvation. Brahma and Salvation are the truth. Brahma can be attained only by salvation. Apart from this, there is no way to maintain one’s own existence. Those who are devoted to Brahm are called Brahmins and those who know Brahm are Brahmarshi and those who know Brahm are Brahmalin.
- There have been many sages(rishis) in different periods giving rise to the truth of Sanatana Dharma. That is why there is uniformity in the words of all the sages. Those who do not understand the words of the said sages, distinguish them. Distinction occurs in languages, in translators, in cultures, in traditions, in principles, but not in truth.
- The Vedas say that God is unborn. He does not need to be born, he never took birth and he will never be born. God is only one, but Goddess or God is many. Except that one, rituals like rituals, worship, pilgrimage etc. are not considered part of Sanatan Dharma.
WAY OF SANATAN RELIGION
- When science evaluates every object, idea and element, in the process, many beliefs and principles of religion collapse. Science has not yet succeeded in capturing the eternal truth, but science seems to be gradually agreeing with the glory of the eternal truth mentioned in Vedanta.
- Our sages and sages had expressed it clearly by knowing the mystery of Brahma, the universe and the soul in a deep state of meditation and salvation. It was in the Vedas that the importance of Brahma and the mystery of the universe was first removed by revealing the notion of ‘Moksha’ and its importance was explained. Without salvation, there is no movement of the soul, that is why the sages have considered the path of salvation as the eternal path.
SOME IMPORTANT BOOKS OF SANATAN RELIGION( HINDU RELIGION)
- Vedas- Tere are four types of vedas.
- Puranas- There are three types of puranas.
- Shastras and sutras
- Dharma shastra
- Artha shastra
- Natya shastra
- Vastu shastra
GODS OF SANATAN RELIGION
- There are many adorable gods in sanatan religion but mainly there are three gods Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesha.
- It is assumed that all gods are avatar of these three gods.
NOTE:– All the information provided in this article is based on the research on the internet and from different websites.